Mural Public Art Project Newnan Atlanta GA

Mural Public Art Project Newnan Atlanta GA

Atlanta artist Corey Barksdale uses art to capture African American history, and intends to capture Dr. King's speech in Dublin through color and emotion, saying, "A lot of my images are representative of the experiences that I have had and how I identify myself. These subjects reflect my community. The bold colors that I use have been with me since the beginning. Initially I focused on a few primary colors. Now I am blending them in different ways to create my secondary colors. I give the colors a different value or tone. Examples: blue is a darker tone, then red a mid-tone, orange is light, yellow even lighter, and white I use for highlights. So there is actually a system, and I use certain colors over and over. Using bright colors is part of my makeup. Much art from Africa utilizes some of the same color combinations that I use. So, it's part of my DNA that I use these colors; it's what seems natural."
Atlanta artist Corey Barksdale - Atlanta Muralist